Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
TMO Reports - Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
by , 7:35 PM EDT, July 19th, 2006
P>Boot Camp, the software that makes it possible to boot up in Windows on a Macintosh compute, is making the Mac more appealing to Switchers, according to Apple COO Tim Cook. The claim came during Apple's Q3 conference call with analysts Wednesday.
Bill Hope of JP Morgan asked Apple execs on hand for the conference call if Boot Camp was showing specific signs of boosting the number of Switchers to the Mac platform. Though Apple has a history of being cagey about such specifics in its dealings with analysts and the press, Mr. Cook answered the question directly.
"We released the beta in April," he said. "The number of downloads that we've had are significant, and the customer feedback that we have had on Boot Camp is very, very good. It's clear that for a Windows user that is considering switching to a Mac, that it makes it even more appealing to them to switch."
Apple reported selling 1.327 million Macs in the June quarter, up from 1.182 million Mac year over year, a 19% growth. IDC released a report Wednesday putting Apple's market share up to 4.8% in the U.S., up from 4.4% in the June quarter, 2005.
The markets have so far reacted positively to Apple's results, with the stock trading higher in extended hours at 58.83, up 6.07 (+11.50%).
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue, 3:36 PM
- M1 Support Coming to Open Source Email Client â€˜Thunderbirdâ€™
- Tue, 3:21 PM
- Civilization VI and You â€“ TMO Daily Observations 2021-03-02
- Tue, 3:16 PM
- Picture-in-picture Back in Hulu on iOS 14
- Tue, 3:09 PM
- In-Game Video Returning to MLB Dugout iPads, but MLB.TV Off Apple TV Third Gen
- Tue, 2:56 PM
- Apple Music Marks Black History Month 2021
- Tue, 2:46 PM
- macOS Big Sur 11.3 Developer Beta Three Now Available
- Tue, 2:36 PM
- Apple Hearing Study Shares Concerning Statistics
- Tue, 1:45 PM
- Nicole Kidman, Cynthia Erivo, Merritt Wever, Alison Brie to Star in Apple TV+ Series 'Roar'
- Tue, 1:27 PM
- Avanca T1 Bluetooth Wireless Earbuds: $29.95
- Tue, 1:06 PM
- Reviewing Revue, Substack, and Clubhouse â€” Media+
- Tue, 11:24 AM
- Editor Mel Lewis is Latest to Leave BBC Radio 1 For Apple Music
- Tue, 9:40 AM
- NASAâ€™s Perseverance Rover Runs on a Modified iMac G3 Processor