Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
TMO Reports - Apple: Boot Camp Makes Macs More Appealing to Switchers
by , 7:35 PM EDT, July 19th, 2006
P>Boot Camp, the software that makes it possible to boot up in Windows on a Macintosh compute, is making the Mac more appealing to Switchers, according to Apple COO Tim Cook. The claim came during Apple's Q3 conference call with analysts Wednesday.
Bill Hope of JP Morgan asked Apple execs on hand for the conference call if Boot Camp was showing specific signs of boosting the number of Switchers to the Mac platform. Though Apple has a history of being cagey about such specifics in its dealings with analysts and the press, Mr. Cook answered the question directly.
"We released the beta in April," he said. "The number of downloads that we've had are significant, and the customer feedback that we have had on Boot Camp is very, very good. It's clear that for a Windows user that is considering switching to a Mac, that it makes it even more appealing to them to switch."
Apple reported selling 1.327 million Macs in the June quarter, up from 1.182 million Mac year over year, a 19% growth. IDC released a report Wednesday putting Apple's market share up to 4.8% in the U.S., up from 4.4% in the June quarter, 2005.
The markets have so far reacted positively to Apple's results, with the stock trading higher in extended hours at 58.83, up 6.07 (+11.50%).
*In the interest of full disclosure, the author holds a small share in AAPL stock that was not an influence in the creation of this article.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue, 5:40 PM
- Mobile Pixels DUEX Pro Portable Dual Monitor: $177
- Tue, 4:13 PM
- iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and macOS Big Sur 11.3. watchOS 7.4 and tvOS 14.5 Available 'Next Week'
- Tue, 4:01 PM
- Spring Forward Breakdown â€“ TMO Daily Observations 2021-04-20
- Tue, 3:45 PM
- Dissecting Apple's Loaded Spring â€”Â Mac Geek Gab 867
- Tue, 3:31 PM
- Apple Unveils New Apple TV 4K and New Siri Remote
- Tue, 3:19 PM
- Long-Rumored AirTag Launches for $29 Each
- Tue, 2:39 PM
- New iMac Brings M1, 7 Colors, and 4.5K Retina Display
- Tue, 2:29 PM
- iPad Pro Gets Liquid Retina XDR Display With M1 Chip
- Tue, 2:16 PM
- Shared Apple Card Users Can Now Build Credit Together
- Tue, 2:14 PM
- 'Ted Lasso' Season Two Coming to Apple TV+ July 23
- Tue, 1:49 PM
- Apple Unveils Podcast Subscriptions And Redesigns App
- Tue, 12:57 PM
- What iOS Changes (Might) Mean for the Advertising Industry â€” Media+