Apple May Restate Profits
Apple May Restate Profits
by , 8:40 AM EDT, August 4th, 2006
Apple Computer issued a warning on Thursday that it may have to restate financial statements to account for past stock option grants. At issue are some back dated stock option grants that were issued between 1997 and 2001.
Apple issued a statement that says in part "The Company will likely need to restate its historical financial statements to record non-cash charges for compensation expense relating to past stock option grants. The Company has not determined the amount of such charges, the resulting tax and accounting impact, or which periods may require restatement. Accordingly, the Company today filed a Form 8-K stating that the financial statements and all earnings and press releases and similar communications issued by the Company relating to periods commencing on September 29, 2002 should therefore not be relied upon."
The investigation is still underway, so Apple is delaying the filing of its Form 10-Q for the quarter that ended July 1, 2006.
Apple first announced that it had discovered some irregularities in stock option grants at the end of June. The company hired independent counsel to investigate the matter further. In early July, two law suits were brought against the company over the irregularities.
Apple stock is currently trading in the pre-market at US$69.59, down 2.22 (3.19%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu, 5:08 PM
- Public Beta of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Now Available
- Thu, 4:41 PM
- Tom Hanks Tells The Story Behind 'Greyhound'
- Thu, 3:40 PM
- The Magic of Mac’s Option Key
- Thu, 3:26 PM
- Tekjoy Shiatsu Kneading Massage Pillow with Extended Velcro Strap: $44.99
- Thu, 2:47 PM
- Updates to Swift Learning, iOS 14 Preview – TMO Daily Observations 2020-07-09
- Thu, 2:23 PM
- Nokia Collaborates With Apple on Data Center Networking Tools
- Thu, 2:08 PM
- Quibi Loses 90 Percent of Users After Free Trial
- Thu, 1:08 PM
- Apple Releases Updated Swift Coding Educational Resources
- Thu, 8:00 AM
- How to Show Battery Percentage on iPhone XR and iPhone 11
- Wed, 5:50 PM
- How to Look Up Your Apple Warranty Status
- Wed, 4:29 PM
- Apple Won 63 Patents, Including For a Repositionable Control Accessory
- Wed, 3:31 PM
- Microsoft Reveals Details of Vast Phishing Campaign Against Users