Apple May Restate Profits
Apple May Restate Profits
by , 8:40 AM EDT, August 4th, 2006
Apple Computer issued a warning on Thursday that it may have to restate financial statements to account for past stock option grants. At issue are some back dated stock option grants that were issued between 1997 and 2001.
Apple issued a statement that says in part "The Company will likely need to restate its historical financial statements to record non-cash charges for compensation expense relating to past stock option grants. The Company has not determined the amount of such charges, the resulting tax and accounting impact, or which periods may require restatement. Accordingly, the Company today filed a Form 8-K stating that the financial statements and all earnings and press releases and similar communications issued by the Company relating to periods commencing on September 29, 2002 should therefore not be relied upon."
The investigation is still underway, so Apple is delaying the filing of its Form 10-Q for the quarter that ended July 1, 2006.
Apple first announced that it had discovered some irregularities in stock option grants at the end of June. The company hired independent counsel to investigate the matter further. In early July, two law suits were brought against the company over the irregularities.
Apple stock is currently trading in the pre-market at US$69.59, down 2.22 (3.19%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Wed, 12:37 PM
- Be More Productive: Try a Different Keyboard
- Wed, 11:20 AM
- iCloud: Configure a Public Calendar
- Wed, 10:30 AM
- Working Smarter for Mac Users Preview with Bob "Dr Mac" LeVitus - TMO Daily Observations 2017-03-01
- Wed, 10:11 AM
- macOS Sierra: Quickly Restore Safari Tabs
- Wed, 9:00 AM
- Cling Bling Window Solar Charger: $27.99
- Wed, 8:14 AM
- iOS 10 Spying Possible With iCloud Backups
- Wed, 7:00 AM
- RocksterTek Porta-Guitar Is a Portable Guitar Neck for Practice
- Wed, 6:11 AM
- Apple's System Status Page Updated With Last Known Outages
- Tue, 5:51 PM
- YouTube Is Taking A Step Into the Live TV Business
- Tue, 5:27 PM
- Augmented Reality is a Natural Part of the iPhone's Technical Evolution
- Tue, 4:43 PM
- Get Your Photography Airborne With ROVA, the Flying Selfie Camera
- Tue, 3:01 PM
- Tim Cook Insists Apple Cares about Creative Pros (Despite All Evidence to the Contrary)