Analyst: Patent Shows Apple's Greater Ambitions
by , 11:20 AM EDT, September 8th, 2006 - Digg This
American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu reviewed Apple's patent filing for a multi-functional handheld device, and said it is likely "the fundamental basis and technology behind Apple's cell phone efforts." The device described in the patent filing can potentially include cell phone features, a PDA, a music player, GPS, digital camera, remote control functions, and more.
Mr. Wu stated "We remain upbeat on Apple's prospects in building a material cell phone business given its strong brand name, loyal customer base, and unique user experience helped by its Click Wheel technology and end-to-end business model."
If Apple gains 1 percent of the cell phone market, that could translate into an additional US$2 billion for the company. Based on Apple's current track record, Mr. Wu expects that is a real possibility.
American Technology Research is maintaining its "Buy" rating for Apple stock, and a target price at $91. Apple stock is currently trading at $72.33, down 0.47 (0.65%).
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Fri, 8:44 AM
- Urban Armor Gear Launches [U] by UAG Collection
- Fri, 7:22 AM
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas Available' on Apple TV+
- Thu, 6:42 PM
- Scam Calls About Suspicious iCloud Activity are Appearing
- Thu, 4:24 PM
- Apple Orders Docuseries ‘Gutsy Women’ With Hillary and Chelsea Clinton
- Thu, 3:12 PM
- Patent For Dual Pro Display XDR Now Published
- Thu, 3:00 PM
- iPhone Game of The Year, ‘Genshin Impact’ Brings in Nearly $400 Million in Two Months
- Thu, 2:17 PM
- Kelly and Dave's Gift Picks – TMO Daily Observations 2020-12-03
- Thu, 2:05 PM
- Here are the Top 5 Encrypted Cloud Storage Services
- Thu, 1:49 PM
- The iOS 14 and SwiftUI Bootcamp Bundle: $24.99
- Thu, 12:19 PM
- Dichen Lachman Joins Cast of 'Severance' on Apple TV+
- Thu, 11:50 AM
- Labor Board Alleges Google Illegally Spied on Workers, Then Fired Them
- Thu, 11:31 AM
- Apple May Have to Provide Charger With iPhones in Brazil