Analyst: Minimal Impact Seen From Stock Options Probe
TMO Reports - Analyst: Minimal Impact Seen From Stock Options Probe
by , 12:30 PM EDT, October 5th, 2006
Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster on Thursday weighed in on Apple's stock options probe, noting that while the 15 impacted option grants was more than he had expected, he sees minimal financial impact. He wrote: "Apple will take a non-cash charge for options related compensation expense. In addition Apple will pay back taxes, which we estimate will be less than $50 million, which would be less than 0.6% of Apple's cash on the balance sheet."
In addition, Mr. Munster said that the elimination of "remote risk to [CEO Steve] Jobs' position at Apple" should ease investors' concerns that "the options investigation could somehow spiral out of control and lead to the end of Steve Jobs' career at Apple."
He maintained his "Outperform" rating on Apple's stock, with a US$99 price target. The latest news doesn't seem to have concerned investors too much: At 12:29 PM EST on Thursday, the company's shares were selling for $75.43, up 0.7% for the day.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Tue, 4:40 PM
- Star Wars Future Unveiled by Disney
- Tue, 4:18 PM
- Apple Facing Lawsuit Claims AirPods Ruptured Child's Eardrum after Amber Alert
- Tue, 3:39 PM
- Apple Delays Stricter In-Person Work Requirements Citing Rising COVID-19 Cases
- Tue, 2:37 PM
- Customize Your CarPlay Apps the Way You Want Them
- Tue, 2:28 PM
- 247 Catcher for Pokémon Go Helps Users Catch 'em All
- Tue, 1:50 PM
- Civil Liberties Group Warns of Global Privacy Breach, Google Largest Offender
- Tue, 1:33 PM
- Apple Previews New Accessibility Features Coming In 2022, Including Door Detection
- Tue, 10:36 AM
- Apple Explores Ways to Improve iPhone Sensor Accuracy and Water Resistance Simultaneously
- Tue, 9:45 AM
- Apple Developers Will Soon Be Able to Offer Auto-Renewable Subscription Price Increase
- Tue, 9:37 AM
- Apple Rolls Out Communication Safety in Messages to the UK and Other Countries
- Mon, 6:29 PM
- Apple Releases Software Updates for Most Products
- Mon, 5:27 PM
- Method Found to Run Malware on iPhone Even When It’s Turned Off