The companies want to build an open-source data portability platform to make it easy for users to migrate between platforms.
Here’s how to manage Safari browsing history, although it might still be backed up to iCloud anyway.
Since it contains a list of all the content you’ve ever bought with an Apple device, you can calculate how much you’ve spent.
You’ve probably gotten dozens of emails lately from companies about updated privacy policies. Here’s what you can do about that.
- 'Tweetbot' 6.9 Update Adds Widgets for Tweet Stats, More
- AirGuard Lets You Detect AirTags on Android Smartphones
- This Decentralized Messenger Claims to be Quantum-Resistant
- 'Deliveries' App Update Supports Shortcuts on macOS Monterey
- 'MusicMatch' for Mac Now Here, Music Services Expand
- Revealed: The Full Voicemail Message Jon Hamm Left For Tom Hanks
You’ll need a laptop or desktop to download your data; it’s not possible with the Instagram app.
Basically, Apple knows about stuff you buy and content you consume, but everything else is off-limits.