In an effort to expand environmental business solutions, Apple has announced the companies involved with the second Impact Accelerator class.
Tim Cook Talks About Coming Out in First Spanish Interview
During Tim Cook’s first interview with a Spanish media outlet in the U.S. he talks about diversity and his story of coming out as gay.
Chuck Joiner Chats with Kelly Guimont at WWDC
During the week of WWDC and AltConf, I ended up getting to spend some time with Chuck Joiner of MacVoices. We talked about the announcements of the week, the upgrade path of previous Macs, and how accessibility and security are increasingly spotlighted by Apple. We had a great time talking, and hopefully it shows in the video below. Enjoy!
Microsoft Employee Says Whites, Asians Discriminated Against
Messages posted by an unknown female Microsoft programmer in internal Yammer boards say that white and Asian men are being discriminated against.
To be clear, I am referring to the fact that senior leadership is awarded more money if they discriminate against Asians and white men. I have an ever-increasing file of white male Microsoft employees who have faced outright and overt discrimination because they had the misfortune of being born both white and male.
Microsoft’s 2018 demographic report shows that 55.1% of employees are Caucasian, 31.9% are Asian, and 73.4% are male. Personally, I think it’s a bit telling if you feel oppressed by more equality and diversity.
- More iPhone Making for India and More Soccer for Everyone - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-06
- Playing the Really Oldies - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-10
- Announcements Inside the Yellow iPhone Announcement - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-08
- Making India Its Own Thing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-09
- iPhone Rumors and AirPods Max Attacks - TMO Daily Observations 2023-02-28
- Stories Financial Analysts Tell - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-07
Tim Cook Offers Auburn Students 'A Personal View of Inclusion and Diversity'
Apple CEO Tim Cook spoke to the students of Auburn University—his alma mater—on Thursday on the value and importance of diversity. According to university newspaper The Plainsman, Mr. Cook’s speech was titled, “A Personal View of Inclusion and Diversity.”