John Martellaro and Andrew Orr join Jeff Gamet to talk about Tim Cook’s Vice interview, plus they explore John’s new found love for the iPhone XS Max’s giant screen.
John has a new iPhone XS Max. He loves it. It’s not too big. He explains.
Apple released a new commercial Friday called Growth Spurt. It has a catchy tune (“Catch My Breath” by Confidence Man) and some cool effects, but I don’t love it. I think it’s because I don’t buy into the central premise of the piece—that the things you take a picture of grow in real life—and how that directly connects to the iPhone XS Max’s existence. And to be fair Apple brings it home in the fadeout shot as the iPhone XS Max grows larger behind the iPhone XS. I usually love Apple’s spots, so this is a rare miss for me. What do you think?
Dictating which news you’re allowed to see stems from Facebook’s corrupted business model. Apple, in contrast, does things in a very subtle, different way. Which company shall endure?
- Security Stuff: Protecting Your Data and Staying Safe Online
- Geeky Reactions to Apple's Peek Performance Event — Mac Geek Gab 918
- Apple's Peek Performance Event, and Bryan Spends Some Money
- Getting the Band Back Together: The New Context Machine
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- Living that Cord Cutter Life
The new iPhones introduced eSIM technology into the line for the first time. But you can’t use two CDMA SIMs in your device.
Those who have an iPhone X have little incentive to upgrade to an iPhone XS. But the iPhone XS Max appears to be a winner. At least until pre-orders start for the iPhone XR.
Apple has a five minute video tour showing you how to navigate iPhone XS/XS Max/XR (and really, iPhone X, too). It’s straight forward and easy to follow. If you have any questions about how to use an iPhone without a Home button, this video should give you answers.
There are a specific number of steps to take in a certain order to ensure you don’t lose any information when you pair a new Apple Watch.
Apple has a cool mini website to show off the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Just load it up in Safari or Chrome on your mobile phone and you can spin the new iPhone models around by tilting your display. Phone specs pop up as the iPhones twirl around so you can learn more about them, plus you can choose which model you’re looking at, and the phone color, too. It’s a pretty cool was to explore the iPhone XS and XS Max.
- Apple TV+ Makes 'The Afterparty' Premiere Episode Available on YouTube
- Tripp Mickle's Book 'After Steve' Covers Apple's Rise to Trillions
- Apple Releases 'Unity Lights' Watch Face for Black History Month
- Apple TV+: How Lavinia's Love Life Was All The Drama in 'Dickinson'
- This Decentralized Messenger Claims to be Quantum-Resistant
- 'Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock' Guest Stars Ed Helms, Cynthia Erivo, Daveed Diggs Play Frictionary
iFixit stripped down the iPhone XS and XS Max and found an L-shaped battery with improved thermal expansion protection, Apple designed chips, and more.