After it was revealed that older iPhone batteries were throttled, Apple created a battery replacement program for customers.
Apple extended a promotional trade-in program to countries around the world, so more people can get more money off a new iPhone XS or XR.
Apple shared some Shot on iPhone XR and iPhone XS photos for the holidays. New camera features in these phones include Smart HDR and more.
Leaked images of the expected new Apple Smart Battery Case show that it still has a “bump” and will only be available in black.
- 'Tweetbot' 6.9 Update Adds Widgets for Tweet Stats, More
- 'Deliveries' App Update Supports Shortcuts on macOS Monterey
- 'The Matrix Resurrections' Now Available to Rent or Buy on Apple TV
- Apple Releases 'Unity Lights' Watch Face for Black History Month
- Tripp Mickle's Book 'After Steve' Covers Apple's Rise to Trillions
- Apple TV+: How Lavinia's Love Life Was All The Drama in 'Dickinson'
If you have an unlocked iPhone XR, iPhone XS, or iPhone XS Max with iOS 12.1.1, you can use it. But there’s a catch.
Professional photographer Tyler Stalman reviews the iPhone XR and iPhone XS cameras in a video. He talks about all of the new features, like Smart HDR, the new image signal processor, and how the wide-angle lens is slightly wider than previous models. Speaking of Smart HDR, he noted that it only works with video shot at 30 fps or lower. But it works whether you’re shooting in 720p, 1080p, or 4K. Mr. Stalman also notes something he found that can correct the blurring problems around the edges of subjects when you shoot in Portrait Mode.
In a support document, AT&T said that it fully supports eSIM and dual-SIM iPhones.
Apple has released its iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max silicone cases in three new colors. The new colors are Hibiscus, Mellow Yellow and Pacific Green. The case costs $39. The company also introduced Apple Watch Sport Bands in the three new colors, at a cost $49. In addition, there are new Nike Sports bands in Celestial/Black, Olive Flak/Black and Smokey Mauve/Particle Beige for the same price. The cases will be ready for delivery on Monday and in-store on Tuesday (via MacRumors).
After what looked to be a rather bleak year in terms of new Apple products, the company came out swinging this fall with a strong overall lineup of Macs, iPads and iPhones. John sizes up Apple’s prospects.
- Minus One Bloodbath Plus One Chaotic Mess - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-08
- But Just Wait 14 Months - TMO Daily Observations 2022-12-02
- A Shorter AirDrop and the Happiest Merger on Earth - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-11
- Captains of Industry - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-29
- Our Security and Smartphone Futures - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-30
- What a Week Monday Was - TMO Daily Observations 2022-11-22
For a limited time Apple is offering up to US$100 of additional trade in credit you can use towards an iPhone XS or iPhone XR.