Certain Japanese copyright amendments that would criminalize every instance of copyright infringement have been halted.
The country wants to impose “secrecy of communications” rules on foreign tech companies like Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon.
Apple’s Kyoto retail store officially opens this Saturday, August 25th. This is Apple’s ninth store in Japan and first in Kyoto.
On August 25 Apple is opening an Apple Store in Kyoto, Japan. It will be the company’s 504th location worldwide and its ninth Japan Apple Store.
- Movies and Mac Memory Lane - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-25
- You A.R. What You Eat - TMO Daily Observations 2023-02-01
- Looking at the Big Tech Layoffs - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-23
- A.I. Imitators and A.I. Problem Solvers - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-11
- From One Frying Pan to Another? - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-20
- Holding a Grudge and Loosening Restrictions - TMO Daily Observations 2023-01-26
t will be the 8th Apple Store in Japan, or the 9th if you count Apple Watch at Isetan Shinjuku.
It seems Toshiba’s favorite buyer isn’t working out so well because the company is back to negotiating with other potential suitors, including Foxconn.
Apple CEO Tim Cook wants to weave artificial intelligence deeply into our lives, and he’s ready for a cashless society. The iPhone and Mac maker’s planned research center in Japan will play a role in those plans, and the country could be at the forefront of plans to push Apple Pay as the standard for a no-cash world.