Ben Surtees of Surtees Studios joins Kelly to chat about writing Mac software, and the Bartender utility that makes #NotchLife easier.
AVOID THE NOTCH! Did you know you can scale your apps to fit below the notch on your new MacBook Pro?
Learn how in this mini-segment from Mac Geek Gab 898.
This week Satechi unveiled its newest product, the Pro Hub Mini. Specifically aimed at the 2021 MacBook Pros the dock adds missing ports.
If you can’t figure out why you’re having problems trying to use Apple Pay with your Magic Keyboard with Touch ID, here’s a possible cause.
- Apple Music Awards 2021 Teaser Trailer
- Firefox 95 Update Reduces CPU Usage and Power Usage on Mac
- Apple TV+: How 2020 Affected 'Swagger'
- Apple TV+: 'Harriet the Spy' Cast Reveal Five Things You Didn't Know
- Apple Music Awards 2021: H.E.R Interview
- Heartwarming Holiday Short Directed by Oscar Nominees Shot on iPhone 13 Pro
Incipio, kate spade new york and Incase have released accessories for the latest generations of AirPods and MacBook Pro.
Bartender 4.1.12 has been released as a test build and it adds support for the notch on the 2021 MacBook Pro. “If you are using a MacBook Pro Notch, I recommend you use the Bartender Bar, as this removes the limit of the notch on the number of menu bar items you can have, you could also use Small menu bar item spacing to gain more room. You can update to the latest Test Build by clicking the button below, or from Bartender Prefercnes > Advanced, Check to Update your Test Builds then click the Check for Updates button.”
- Security Friday: Smarthome Security, Breaches, and Grand Theft AirTag – TMO Daily Observations 2021-12-03
- Thursdays with Bob: Troubleshooting and You – TMO Daily Observations 2021-12-02
- Gift Picks and Grinchbots – TMO Daily Observations 2021-12-01
- Prioritizing The Bachelorette — Mac Geek Gab 903
- Jack and Twitter, Deal Reminders – TMO Daily Observations 2021-11-29
- Security Tips for Holiday Visits – TMO Daily Observations 2021-11-24
Tune in to our breakdown of the new MacBook Pro, and what you need to know about them!
Want to learn more? Watch Mac Geek Gab 896
The new features of macOS Monterey may be tempting. However, you should know the update reportedly bricks older Macs in many cases.
If you’re planning to buy a new MacBook Pro, this decision tree for the M1 Pro | Max models may be able to help. It shows you every possible configuration with the CPU, GPU, RAM, Power Adapter, and SSD. “And when I say 18 configurations, I’m not even counting the choices on SSD size. All 18 configurations come in 512GB, 1TB, 2TB, 4GB and 8TB. And yes, I verified that you can configure the bottom-of-the-line M1 Pro with an 8TB drive and you can configure the top-of-the-line M1 Max with only 512GB. That means there are actually 90 different ways you can configure the new Apple Silicon MacBook Pros. Unless you layer in the option of color with grey vs. another grey, which makes the grand total 180 different configurations.”
Zoom announced new features aimed at helping business communications and remote workers. The app has been optimized for the 2021 MacBook Pro.
The first notch menu bar problems have already surfaced with the MacBook Pro. App menu items and system status icons pull a disappearing act.
The new MacBook Pro is certainly a welcome upgrade. However, with some components already outdated, is it as “pro” as it could be?
If you split work hours between home and office, plugging in everything cuts into productivity. This universal docking station cures that.
WaterField Designs announced a carrying case for the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pros called Tech Folio Brief.