Philips is adding more to its outdoor smart light product line with the weatherproof Hue LightStrip. The outdoor LightStrip is HomeKit compatible and can be seen on the Philips Netherlands website in 2 meter and 5 meter lengths. It can withstand rain and puddles, according to the HomeKit News translation. The kit uses clips instead of adhesive backing to hold the LightStrip in place, and Philips is offering multi-color and white-only versions. There isn’t any word yet on when the weatherproof LightStrip will ship, or how much it’ll cost.
Signify released its Philips Hue Sync app for Mac and Windows on Thursday, giving Philips Hue smart light users a new way to control their lighting experience. The app uses Hue bulbs to add lighting and color effects in real time to music, videos, and games playing on your computer. It also works with televisions if you use AirPlay or connect via HDMI, which is great if your computer and TV aren’t in the same room. The Philips Hue Sync app is free and available for download at the Philips Hue website.
Philips is taking its Hue smart lights outside with its new HomeKit compatible luminary, spot, and pillar post products.
- I'm Pretty Much a Doctor Now? — Mac Geek Gab 917
- Thursdays with Bob: (Lack of) Tech Support – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-24
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- Security Friday: News and a Protection Checklist – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-25
- Apple's Peek Performance Event, and Bryan Spends Some Money
- BBEdit and Shortcuts and You – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-21
Philips just added HomeKit support to its Hue dimmer switch, motion sensor, and tap with a software update to the Philips Hue iPhone app.