Check out this Quick Tip from Mac Geek Gab 873 where John and I talk through the ins and outs of Juice Jacking and how to prevent it.
Kingston introduces DataTraveler Kyson, a Type-A USB flash drive with a stylish, capless metal case, so there’s no cap to lose.
NOMAD, well known for their cables and Apple Watch bands, just released a Qi-compatible wireless charging pad for the iPhone 8 and iPhone X. The wireless hub sports 7.5W output for charging your phone, along with a 3A USB-C and two 1A USB-A, and one 2.4A USB-A charging ports. Bundling in those extra ports makes it a great choice for your desk or your suitcase if you want an easy and convenient way to juice up your phone, iPad, and AirPods at the same time while you sleep. NOMAD’s Wireless Hub is priced at US$79.95 and is available at the company’s website.
Available in early December, the Just Mobile AluCharge is a four port. USB-A only charging hub. Made of solid aluminum, It outputs up to 31 watts and is designed to be world ready with the corresponding power plug. While it’s small and well made, it has some disadvantages compared to a notable competitor reviewed previously.
- Gossip Factories and Other Manufacturing – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-22
- Mice and Other Computer and Tablet Input Devices
- The Streaming TV Episode: What We're Watching Now
- Sci-Fi Stuff We're Waiting For: From Immersive Reality to Robot Companions
- Security Friday: Actually Some Good News – TMO Daily Observations 2022-02-18
- I'm Pretty Much a Doctor Now? — Mac Geek Gab 917
Satechi has introduced the “60W 6-Port Multi-Port USB Desktop Charging Station.” It’s a pure charging hub that intelligently partitions up to 60 watts of power to four USB-A ports and two USB-C ports. Notable features include a great exterior design, a power LED and an on/off switch. John reviews it.