Today’s Quick Tip is all about using the Apple Watch app on the iPhone to customize your faces. If you don’t wanna fiddle with colors and complications on your itty bitty Watch, there’s now an easier, faster way to do so!
Apple released watchOS 3.1 Monday, an update with a mix of improvements and bug fixes. On the improve side if the ability to replay bubble and full-screen effects in Messages. On the bug-fix side, a charging issue for Apple Watch Series 2 was fixed, and more.
The new version of watchOS has a neat and potentially life-saving ability, dubbed Emergency SOS. When it’s on, this feature will let you use the physical buttons on your device to automatically call emergency services and even notify some contacts that you’re in trouble. We’ll tell you how to set it up!
In watchOS 3, there are no more Glances. So Apple had to relocate the manual activation of Power Reserve for the Apple Watch to the Control Center. John shows you how this works.
- Team Nightmare, CES, and Tips – TMO Daily Observations 2022-01-05
- Smart Home Tips and CES Announcements – TMO Daily Observations 2022-01-04
- Accessory Picks for iPhones – TMO Daily Observations 2022-01-17
- 5G vs Airplane Radar – TMO Daily Observations 2022-01-19
- Apple Series, Services, and Sports – TMO Daily Observations 2022-01-11
- The One After 909 – Mac Geek Gab 910
Got an Apple Watch? Then you’ll need to know how to access and edit the new watchOS 3 Dock feature, which’ll put your favorite apps just a button click away. We’ve got your answers in today’s Quick Tip!
One of the coolest Apple Watch faces has been Mickey Mouse, tapping his foot in time with the seconds. Now, watchOS 3 adds Minnie to the fun. Plus they can each speak the time out loud with a tap. John shows you how.
It took two hours, but John Martellaro finally got his original Apple Watch upgraded to watchOS 3. Here are some of the things he liked most about this version. Plus, he discovered a nice trick when it comes to changing watch faces with a swipe.
Today’s Quick Tip is about watchOS 3 and some neat stuff you can do with it, including using the new Breathe feature, sharing your activity with others, and pausing workouts. We’re pretty excited!
- Apple TV+: Behind The Scenes of 'Dickinson'
- Apple TV+: Author Cece Belle Explains 'El Deafo' Sound Design
- Apple TV+: Making 'The Tragedy of Macbeth'
- 'PDF Expert' for iOS Lets You Convert PDFs to Word, More
- Google Easter Egg Celebrates Betty White's 100th Birthday
- Family Show 'El Deafo' Premieres on Apple TV+