Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
TMO Quick Tip - Finding Keyboard Shortcuts the Easy Way
by , 7:30 AM EDT, September 6th, 2006
Using keyboard shortcuts in Mac OS X can enhance your productivity, but learning the time savers can be a tedious process. With a little help from xCuts, you'll be learning new keyboard combos in no time.
xCuts is a Dashboard widget that links to an online database loaded with Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts. The widget groups shortcuts so they are easier to find, includes a search field, and even includes a section that compares Mac OS X shortcuts to Windows shortcuts - a real time saver for switchers.
xCuts groups keyboard shortcuts so they are easier to find.
Since xCuts links to a database that the kind people at Musings from Mars maintain, you'll need an Internet connection to use the widget. The upside is that the database can be updated without requiring you to download a new version of the widget.
xCuts 1.1 is free, and you can download it at the Musings from Mars Web site.
if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.
- Mon, 9:03 PM
- Apple Music's Carpool Karaoke Will Feature Broader Range of Celebrities
- Mon, 7:54 PM
- MOS Pack Backpack Charges Multiple Devices with One Plug
- Mon, 5:45 PM
- Blood in the Macintosh Water: Apple's Competitors Now Sense Weakness
- Mon, 5:29 PM
- FresheTech Splash Tunes Bluetooth Shower Speaker: $19.99
- Mon, 5:15 PM
- Apple Might Destroy the EU
- Mon, 3:49 PM
- Fitbit Aims at Apple Watch Crowd with Charge 2, Flex 2 Fitness Trackers
- Mon, 3:47 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Omni Group Software Engineer Liz Marley
- Mon, 1:31 PM
- Apple Media Event Officially Set for Sept 7
- Mon, 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-29: Apple Watch 2 Battery, Microsoft's Smart Surface Pro 4 Ad
- Mon, 11:35 AM
- Bigger Apple Watch 2 Battery Doesn't Mean Longer Life
- Mon, 10:20 AM
- Philips Adds Motion Sensor to its Smart Home Lineup
- Sun, 12:00 PM
- MGG 620: Backups Deep Dive