Using Keywords in iPhoto
TMO Quick Tip - Using Keywords in iPhoto
by , 7:30 AM EDT, March 16th, 2007
Keywords are a great way to help keep all of the picture you store in iPhoto organized. You can quickly narrow down a long list of images to just what you want - as long as you remember to assign keywords ahead of time. Here's how:
- Click the keyword button in the lower left corner of the iPhoto window. That displays your keyword list.
- Drag images from your iPhoto library onto a keyword. Dragging the same images onto another keyword lets you assign multiple keywords to those pictures.
Dragging photos onto keywords links them together.
To view images based on keywords do this:
- Select your iPhoto library or an album from the Source list.
- Click the keyword button if your keywords aren't visible.
- Click a keyword, or Shift-click multiple keywords to display the associated images. Clicking a highlighted keyword deselects it.
Select a keyword to view the associated images.
If the default keyword list doesn't suit your needs, go ahead and change it.
- Choose iPhoto > Preferences.
- Select the Keywords tab.
- Click the plus button to add new keywords. To remove a keyword, select it, and then click the minus button.
Add, delete, and rename keywords in iPhoto's preferences.
iPhoto's keyword feature is just fine for some, but there are a lot of people that feel there's plenty of room for improvement. If that's you, check back on Monday when I talk about the iPhoto plug-in Keyword Assistant.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Sat, 10:15 AM
- Unlock iPhone's Scientific Calculator
- Fri, 2:48 PM
- Security Friday: Smarthome Security, Breaches, and Grand Theft AirTag – TMO Daily Observations 2021-12-03
- Fri, 2:46 PM
- Cuba Ransomware Gang Made $43.9 Million in Ransom Payments
- Fri, 2:07 PM
- Viking Game 'Oddmar+' Makes its Debut on Apple Arcade
- Fri, 1:40 PM
- The Struggles Faced by Apple's Hourly Workers
- Fri, 1:28 PM
- Does Spotify Wrapped Prove The Streaming Servince is Better Than Apple Music?
- Fri, 12:09 PM
- Google Working on Own Watch, 2022 Launch Possible
- Fri, 11:50 AM
- Ubiquiti Developer Arrested and Charged With Extortion
- Fri, 11:44 AM
- Thieves in Canada Use AirTags to Steal Expensive Cars
- Fri, 11:35 AM
- Get Exclusive Deals With Apple Pay for the 2021 Holiday Season
- Fri, 11:27 AM
- Mariah Carey Returns to Apple TV+ in Time For Christmas
- Fri, 10:36 AM
- Facebook Takes on Apple Cash With New Split Payments in Messenger