Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
TMO Quick Tip - Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
by , 7:30 AM EDT, May 16th, 2007
Including attachments in emails is pretty standard fare, and most people are already aware that you can add an attachment to a message in Apple's Mail application by dragging files into a new message window. What comes as news to some is that you don't have to make a new message first.
Drag a file on the Mail icon...
You can save a step by simply dragging the file you want send onto the Mail icon. Mail will automatically create a new message for you with the file attached, ready to be addressed and sent on its way.
...to make an email message with attachment.
I use this trick all the time. The Mail icon lives in my Dock, so I always have quick access to it - and if Mail isn't running, it will automatically launch when I drag a file on its icon.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness
- Mon, 3:46 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Author and Podcaster David Sparks
- Mon, 2:05 PM
- Apple Releases watchOS 3.1 with Charging Fix, Message Effects Improvements, More
- Mon, 1:51 PM
- Apple Releases macOS Sierra 10.12.1 with Improved Apple Watch Unlock, More
- Mon, 1:45 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-24: DDOS Attacks, Internet of Things, and HomeKit Security
- Mon, 1:20 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 10.1 with Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus, Replay iMessage Effects, More
- Mon, 11:32 AM
- AT&T to Buy Time Warner in $85.4B Deal
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- Shimo VPN Client for Mac: $19
- Mon, 8:00 AM
- How to Fix Apple Watch Contact Syncing Problems
- Sun, 12:04 PM
- MGG 628: Cool Stuff Found and The DNS Achilles Heel