Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
TMO Quick Tip - Mail: Drag-and-drop Attachments
by , 7:30 AM EDT, May 16th, 2007
Including attachments in emails is pretty standard fare, and most people are already aware that you can add an attachment to a message in Apple's Mail application by dragging files into a new message window. What comes as news to some is that you don't have to make a new message first.
Drag a file on the Mail icon...
You can save a step by simply dragging the file you want send onto the Mail icon. Mail will automatically create a new message for you with the file attached, ready to be addressed and sent on its way.
...to make an email message with attachment.
I use this trick all the time. The Mail icon lives in my Dock, so I always have quick access to it - and if Mail isn't running, it will automatically launch when I drag a file on its icon.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Wed, 3:18 PM
- Apple TV+: Season Four of ‘For All Mankind’ in The Works
- Wed, 2:26 PM
- Ted Lasso Scores Biggest Premiere Weekend on Apple TV+
- Wed, 1:30 PM
- Earnings and Evolution – TMO Daily Observations 2021-07-28
- Wed, 1:18 PM
- Ukraine Authorities Seize Unencrypted Windscribe VPN Servers
- Wed, 12:51 PM
- Totallee Offers Impressive 50% Off Sale for All Smartphone Cases
- Wed, 12:15 PM
- Exploring Night Mode on iPhone
- Wed, 11:57 AM
- Twitter Tests New ‘Shop Module’ Feature for iOS Users
- Wed, 10:55 AM
- Apple Threatens iPhone Prototype Seller With Police Involvement
- Wed, 10:48 AM
- Use Back Tap To Activate Flashlight
- Wed, 10:27 AM
- Major Update to Media Collection App ‘Sofa’ Adds Subscription for Pro Features
- Wed, 10:14 AM
- Apple to Limit Siri Interactions With Third-Party Apps in iOS 15
- Wed, 10:05 AM
- Former eBay Security Chief Sentenced to 18 Months in Prison Over Cyber-Stalking