.Mac: Adjusting Your Storage Settings
TMO Quick Tip - .Mac: Adjusting Your Storage Settings
by , 7:30 AM EDT, August 10th, 2007
Now that Apple has bumped up .Mac storage from 1GB to 10GB, we have a little more breathing room for files and email. To get the most out of that new storage space, however, you'll want to adjust how much space is allocated to email and how much is allocated to data.
- Head over to the .Mac Web site with your browser.
- Click the Account button to log into your .Mac account settings.
- Click the Storage Settings button.
- Use the .Mac Mail pop-up menu to set how much storage space is allocated to your email. The rest of the space is automatically assigned to your iDisk for file storage.
Log into your .Mac account to change settings.
Use Storage Settings to adjust email and iDisk space.
Setting email storage automatically adjusts iDisk storage, too.
You can set your email storage between 30MB and 9801MB -- the higher the number, the more email storage space you will have at the expense of iDisk storage. If you need more file storage space, assign less to your email. I set mine at 30MB so I have more room for pictures, shared files, and backups.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.
- Fri, 3:00 AM
- Welcome to Innovation Flats - TMO Daily Observations 2022-10-07
- Thu, 5:18 PM
- Examining Whether The A16 Bionic Chip Is Really Just an A15+
- Thu, 4:06 PM
- Apple TV+ Unveils Trailer for Jennifer Lawrence's 'Causeway'
- Thu, 3:16 PM
- Apple Music Adds Personalized Profile Features for Bands and Artists, Plus More
- Thu, 2:35 PM
- Trolls Gotta Troll, Siri's New Tricks and More From Thursday's Observation Deck Sightings
- Thu, 2:31 PM
- Apple Watch Overheats on User's Wrist and Later Explodes, Prompting Investigation from Apple
- Thu, 2:04 PM
- Amazon Slashes Prices on iPad mini 6, Previous-Gen Apple Watch Models
- Thu, 12:17 PM
- Critics Are Not Happy About Sudden App Store Price Increase
- Thu, 12:02 PM
- 10th-Generation iPad Cases Show Up on Amazon Japan Store
- Thu, 11:50 AM
- iPhone 14 Plus Launches in 20 Additional Countries Oct. 14, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico Oct. 28
- Thu, 3:00 AM
- A Timepiece Explodes and Time Marches On - TMO Daily Observations 2022-10-06
- Wed, 4:43 PM
- Apple TV+ Explores the Literary World Through Trailer for Season Three of 'Ghostwriter'