TMO Quick Tip - Twitter: Tracking Twitter Stats
by , 7:30 AM EDT, July 30th, 2008
Twitter's built-in statistics system is pretty limited. It doesn't show detailed information about your tweeting habits, and it doesn't show who is making a big impact in the Twitter world. Thanks to the magic of Internet technology, however, all of that information is waiting at your fingertips.
TweetStats TweetStats is a cool Web site that offers up detailed information about your tweeting habits. It shows how many tweets you tend to create per hour and for each day of the week, who you reply to most often, and what you use to create your tweets.
TweetStats tracks your Twitter habits.
I learned, for example, that I tend to tweet more on Thursday and Friday, that I am more likely to tweet between 5AM and 12PM mountain time, and that I usually use Twitterific when I tweet.
TwitterPoster TwitterPoster is a Web site that shows statistics about all Twitter users instead of just you. Specifically, it shows which users currently have the greatest degree of influence over the Twitter world. Bigger squares mean a greater influence.
See who's impacting Twitter with TwitterPoster.
Rolling over the icons reveals the Twitter user's name and how many followers they have.
Twitter is a fun tool for microblogging, but I find it to be even more interesting when I go diving into the statistics behind my tweets, which makes TweetStats and TwitterPoster cool tools for learning more about what goes on in my Twitter world.
Jeff Gamet is TMO's Morning Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
if you have tips or tricks to share, or Mac-related questions you want answered.Jeff Gamet is TMO's Managing Editor and Reviews Editor. He lectures, teaches and speaks on Mac OS X and design-related topics, and is the author of The Designer's Guide to Mac OS X from Peachpit Press.
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder
- Mon, 5:53 PM
- Returning to U.S. With iPhone? What Are Your Rights?
- Mon, 4:48 PM
- Hidden Folks is the Whimsically Fun Hidden Object Game You Need on Your iPhone and iPad
- Mon, 4:31 PM
- macOS Sierra: Delete And Reinstall 1Password To Refresh Certificate [Update]
- Mon, 4:05 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Open Source Developer & Former Apple Manager Jordan Hubbard
- Mon, 2:10 PM
- Apple's Facial Recognition Plans, the AI Race - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-20
- Mon, 1:36 PM
- How to Mod a Porsche 911 or Other Car to Run Doom in 3 Easy Steps
- Mon, 12:01 PM
- Apple Buys RealFace, but that Doesn't Mean We're Unlocking iPhones with Our Face Yet
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- iOS 10 and Swift 3 Starter Bundle: $45
- Sun, 12:16 PM
- Don't Fear The Wi-Fi – Mac Geek Gab 645