Christmas is just around the corner, and you might be wondering how to track Christmas packages that arrive via USPS. Here’s how.
USPS has a tracking website where you can enter the package’s tracking number. Many online services provide you with this tracking number. A sample USPS tracking number will look like this: 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00. You’ll find the tracking number in different places:
- Your Post Office™ shipping receipt
- Your sales receipt if you bought insurance at the Post Office™
- Your email confirmation if you shipped from USPS.com
- The shipping confirmation email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom peel-off portion of your USPS Tracking® label
USPS also has an app called Informed Delivery. When you sign up you’ll get alerts of letters and packages arriving, so you won’t even need a tracking number.