24U Software has released a new version of 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In, bringing it to version 2.0. The 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In is a tool designed for creating help tags within FileMaker databases. The latest release features numerous enhancements including expanded display functions. According to 24U Software:
Today, 24U Software updated 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In to version 2.0! This cross-platform plug-in (Mac OS, Mac OS X and Windows) for FileMaker Pro now allows you to define more interactive help in your solutions.
This FileMaker plug-in enables solution developers to define help tags (tool tips) for layout objects and controls, such as data fields, buttons, pictures etc. Help tag is a brief text message (help, tip, description) that appears when you move the mouse pointer over an object or a hot rectangle. This way, 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In allows developers to create FileMaker solutions with an intuitive user interface!
10 new useful features of the version 2.0:
- Ability to provide more information to user through help tags
- Ability to display multi-line help tags
- Ability to display alternate text based on modifier keys
- Ability to define help tagis text dynamically before they get displayed
- Ability to customize "mouse in", "mouse out", and "modifiers changed" actions for hot rectangles
- Ability to provide user with visible feedback known as roll-over effects
- Limited ability to use help tags also in list view
- Ability to display help tags at specified positions up on request
- Ability to draw coachmarks (colored ovals) around layout objects
- Ability to check mouse position at the time of last click on a button
You can find more information about the latest 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In release at the 24U Software Web site. The 24U SimpleHelp Plug-In upgrades are available for US$27.00, while the full version is available for US$48.00.