Comm-Unity Networking has released POP3it 2.0 Final. The FileMaker Pro plug-in allows FileMaker developers to add basic POP e-mail functionality directly to their databases, without the need of an external e-mail client. According to Comm-Unity Networking:
Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces the release of POP3it 2.0 Final, for FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for both Macintosh and Windows Platforms.
POP3it is a very flexible FileMaker plug-in that allows you to receive email directly into FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications. To use it, all you will need is an email account, a POP3 server, and FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate POP3it into your existing solutions. A basic knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for POP3it covers how to use the POP3it plug-in.
Possible Uses of POP3it
POP3it allows you to specify in your scripts what email host and email account to check, so you can easily check multiple accounts. Together with SMTPit, you can make an entire email solution with only FileMaker and make use of FileMakeris database features like sorting and searching.
Features of POP3it:
- Dynamically check multiple POP3 email accounts, even on different servers.
- Automatically extract major email fields such as To, From, Subject, etc.
- Receive Attachments, which are placed in a directory that you can specify dynamically.
- Download entire messages into one field or split up into their respective fields.
- New: Download specific body types like Text only or HTML only.
- New: Export HTML emails, complete with inline graphics, so that you can view them in a web browser.
POP3it is available for US$65. You can find more information at the Comm-Unity Networking web site.Fully Functional Demonstration version availableA fully functional demonstration version of POP3it along with the POP3it Example Database and Full Documentation is available from our web site listed below. Until you register your copy of POP3it, it will show a splash screen when FileMaker starts. Once you register your copy, the splash screen will disappear.