Apple hosted its 2008 Apple Design Awards event at the World Wide Developer Conference Wednesday evening, and for the first time included honors for iPhone applications. Apple issues the awards to recognize technical excellence, innovation, and outstanding achievement in software development.
Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- ScreenFlow - Best Application Winner and Graphics and Media Winner
- TimeLine 3D - Best Application Runner Up
- Macnification - User Experience Winner
- CheckOut - User Experience Runner Up
- Guitar Hero 3 - Game Winner
- Command and Conquer 3 - Game Runner Up
- Fotomagico - Graphics and Media Runner Up
- Squirrel - Best Student Winner
- Flow - Best Student Runner Up
- OmniFocus - Best Productivity App
- MIM - Best Health App
- Twitterrific - Best Social Networking
- Enigmo - Best Game
- AOL Radio - Best Entertainment App
- Remember the Milk - Best Web App Winner
- Associated Press - Best Web App Runner Up
The winning iPhone applications will be available after Apple launches the App Store in July, and the Web-based iPhone apps are available now.
Developers that took the top honors in each category won two 15-inch MacBook Pros, two 30-inch Cinema Displays, one 16GB iPod touch, one 8GB iPhone, an ADC Premier Membership, and compensation for one WWDC ticket, including airfare and lodging.