Apple has added a new article to the Knowledge Base listing the OS X Compatibility pages of a few printer manufacturers. Appleis Knowledge Base (sometimes referred to as the KBase) is a central location for all of Appleis support documents and other important information.
This article should be of help to those Mac users looking for a printer that will work well with a OS X system. The new KBase article doesnit bring any new information to the table, but it does gather the OS X compatibility pages of Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, and Lexmark into one central location. From Apple:
About third-party printers
Click the links below for information about specific brands of printers.
- Brother (http://www.brother.com/E -ftp/macosxstate.htm)
- Canon (http://www.u sa.canon.com/html/conCprSupport.jsp?type=osx)
- Epson (http://support.epson.c om/webadvice/wa0301.html)
- HP (http: //www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpm35001.html)
- Lexmark (http://ww w.lexmark.com/US/products/info/mac/mac_compat.html)
About third-party printer drivers
Some printer modules (drivers) are already included with Mac OS X. Some printers only work with certain versions of Mac OS X. Some drivers for Mac OS X may not include the same features as drivers for Mac OS 9.
You can read the full Knowledge Base article at Appleis Web site.