Apple is slated to open its fifth flagship store this weekend in San Francisco, California. The first 2,500 customers in the door for the 10 AM grand opening on Saturday will receive a free t-shirt. From the press release:
?Our innovative, hands-on stores continue to delight customers and attract thousands who want to learn about and buy Apple?s full line of products," said Ron Johnson, Apple?s senior vice president of Retail. ?We look forward to opening our next incredible retail location this Saturday in the heart of San Francisco.?
The Apple Store? San Francisco features stainless steel and glass outside and an engineering marvel inside?an all-glass staircase. Other store features include:
- a 14-seat Genius Bar, one of the most popular sections of Apple? retail stores, where anyone can ask the Mac? Genius questions, connect to the Mac community or receive service;
- an Internet caf? where visitors can check email and use Apple?s iChat AV and iSight? digital video cameras to video conference with friends and family;
- a 39-seat state-of-the-art theater, where customers can attend workshops, watch demonstrations of Apple?s latest products or attend ?Made on a Mac? events;
- more than 250 customer events and classes every month, including the new Pro Day every Wednesday with special store hours, presentations and demonstrations to help business professionals unwire, promote and manage their business on the Mac*;
- a software section with hundreds of software titles for the Mac; and
- a Kids section with six computer stations connected to the Internet.
The San Francisco store, located in Union Square at One Stockton Street, is the 77th Apple Store. More information, including schedules and special events, is available on the storeis web page.