ArcaneWare is now shipping the ArcaneReader USB Barcode Scanner for Library users. The ArcaneReader USB Barcode Scanner is a device designed for reading ISBN barcodes for inventory tracking. The device features plug-and-play support for Library and an integrated error checking value decoder. According to ArcaneWare:
ArcaneWare today released its ArcaneReader USB Barcode Scanner, designed for Library, the companyis personal book cataloging utility "for the rest of us." The new handheld reader is an easy-to-use solution for scanning Bookland EAN ("ISBN") barcodes into Library.
All users need to use the new ArcaneReader is a copy of ArcaneWareis Library 1.1 or later, along with a free powered USB port. Plug it in, scan a barcode, and Library does the rest.
The new ArcaneReader features:
- Plug-and-play integration with Library 1.1
- Library 1.1is Batch Add allows users to scan and import a number of books simultaneously, retrieving information for each scanner
- Web Export allows users to publish information about their library on the Web
- Easy-to-use trigger to start a new scan
- CCD technology requires no cleaning or maintainence, like traditional laser scanners
- Signals a successful scan with both a sound and a visual indicator
- Integrated error-checking barcode value decoder ensures accurate scans
- Includes 7 foot (213 cm) USB cable
You can find more information about the ArcaneReader USB Barcode Scanner at the ArcaneWare Web site. The ArcaneReader USB Barcode Scanner is available for US$199.95.