The Atomic Learning Library has released a free version of Storyboard Basic for Mac users. Storyboard Basic is a utility designed for video production and planning. The app features the ability to enter shot descriptions and editing notes, as well as import support for still pictures and video clips. According to The Atomic Learning Library:
The Atomic Learning Library has released a free Basic Edition of its Video Storyboard software for download.
This release currently runs under Mac OS 9 and in the Classic environment of Mac OS X.
Storyboard Basic is the work of Bill Bierden, an Apple Distinguished Educator, and is designed to give teachers, students, and home movie makers a tool to plan ahead when creating video projects. It features the ability to:
- Enter shot titles and descriptions, complete with planned lengths and edited order
- Indicate shot types: video, still, audio, music, or titles
- Enter film tips for your camera person when videotaping the shot, and editing tips to be used when editing in iMovie or Final Cut Pro or Premier, etc
- Import existing video clips, still pictures, and sounds to better illustrate each shot
- Create, save, and import templates for video projects
- Print copies of your storyboard for use while filming or editing
- Print blank storyboard worksheets for brainstorming new ideas
You can find more information about Storyboard Basic at The Atomic Learning Library Web site. Storyboard Basic is available as freeware.