The 3DO Company has released a Mac version of "Heroes of Might and Magic IV". "Heroes of Might and Magic" is a fantasy game set in the fictional world of Axeoth, pitting players against the evil King Gavin Magnus. The Mac version features multiple screen support and six campaigns. According to The 3DO Company:
The 3DO Company today announced that "Heroes(r) of Might and Magic IV" for the Macintosh(r) has shipped to retail stores. The latest in the award-winning "Might and Magic" series, "Heroes IV" features six campaigns, over 60 new creatures and stunning graphics.
About "Heroes of Might and Magic IV" for Macintosh In this fourth chapter of the "Heroes" series, Emilia Nighthaven must battle the evil immortal King Gavin Magnus and his horde of Dragon Golems. Featuring six campaigns, Emilia matches wits with Magnus for control of all of Axeoth, encountering over 60 new creatures, five schools of magic, six town types, and more than 180 artifacts.
Features for "Heroes of Might and Magic IV" include:
- An all-new engine with multiple screen resolution support (800x600, 1024x768, and 1200x1080) and a new interface
- Skill systems that allow characters to become more specialized as play progresses
- New magic systems featuring five highly specialized schools of magic: Order, Life, Nature, Chaos and Death
- Six massive campaigns and dozens of stand-alone scenarios
- A campaign editor that features a map maker and enables terrain deformation
- Online play in which players can battle with up to six different players via the Internet
You can find more information about the "Heroes of Might and Magic" Mac release at the 3DO Company Web site. "Heroes of Might and Magic IV" is available for US$49.95.