Intelli Innovations has updated the IntelliScanner product line. The IntelliScanner is a barcode reader that supports direct text inputting into popular applications such as FileMaker Pro and AppleWorks. Now at versions 3200i and 4200i, the readers now feature simplified configuration via iConfig and plug-and-play functionality. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations, Inc., developers of innovative hardware and software for business, today released a major upgrade to its popular IntelliScanner USB Barcode Reader product line for the Mac platform.
The new IntelliScanner 3200i and 4200i, released today, have been developed over a year of research following the introduction of the original IntelliScanner product line.
The IntelliScanner 3200i and 4200i feature:
- Plug-and-play functionality: no drivers are required
- Complete compatibility with any Mac application capable of accepting regular text input, including FileMaker Pro, AppleWorks, Microsoft Office, Readerware, Library, and REALbasic applications
- iConfig reader configuration system: easily configure the scanner by simply reading tagged barcodes from the included documentation
- Integrated, error-checking decoder only validates and inputs barcodes that are scanned and verified accurate
- Customizable end-of-scan character, allowing the scanner to automatically confirm entries or close dialog boxes
- Customizable, audible/visual scan indicators. The integrated, error checking decoder only inputs barcodes that are verified accurate
- Barcode symbology support for Bookland EANs (ISBNs on the backs of books), EAN-8, EAN-13, JAN-8, JAN-13, UPC-A, UPC-E, and Codabar
- CCD scanner (red LED array): no laser to clean and maintain, durable construction, works under most lighting conditions
- Detachable 7 foot USB cable with integrated barcode value decoder: no additional hardware or software is required for use
You can find more information about the IntelliScanner updates at the Intelli Innovations Web site. The IntelliScanner 3200i is available for US$279.95, while the 4200i version is available for US$399.95.