C-Command has released an update for SpamSieve, bringing it to version 1.1. SpamSieve is a Spam filtering app designed for Mailsmith and Entourage email client programs. The update features numerous enhancements including improved speed and statistical displays. According to C-Command:
SpamSieve 1.1 is now available.
Like your professional e-mail client, but jealous of Mail.appis spam filter? SpamSieve brings powerful Bayesian spam filtering to Mailsmith and Entourage. It learns what your spam looks like, so it can block nearly all of it. It also learns what your good messages look like, so it wonit confuse them with spam. Other spam filters get worse over time as spammers adapt to their rules; SpamSieve actually gets better over time as you train it with more messages.
New in This Version:
- E-Mail Client Integration
- Performance improvements
- Displays statistics about the number of messages filtered, SpamSieveis accuracy, and the types of words in the corpus
- SpamAssassinis X-Spam-Status headers are now treated as single words
- Does a better job of ignoring e-mail attachments, thus reducing corpus bloat
- Installs the eSellerate Engine if itis not present, thus enabling ``Instant Registrationii for more users
- Asking SpamSieve to categorize a message now forces an update of all the word probabilities
- Highlights the sorted column in the Corpus window
- Shows fatal errors as alert panels rather than just printing them on the console
- The Corpus.plist data file is now sorted by word
You can find more information about the SpamSieve update at the C-Command Web site. SpamSieve 1.1 is available for US$10.00.