West-Forest-Systems has released an update for CDFinder, bringing it to version 4.1.2. CDFinder is a cataloging app designed for the file management of hard disks, DVDis and MP3is. The update features speed enhancements and improved font handling. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
West-Forest-Systems today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 4.1.2.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful disk cataloging tool. It can also catalogue hard disks, iPods, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a flexible user interface and powerful search functions.
Audio-CDs and MP3 files are fully supported as well.
New in CDFinder 4.1.2:
- Launching of CDFinder is much faster thanks to the new QuickLaunch Cache
- Cataloging is much faster using improved algorithms
- Overall operation is faster due to a new enhanced memory engine
- CDFinder can now automatically update the CDFinder Database Folder in the background to detect any changes
- The memory management of catalog data has been improved
- The "Batch Create" feature now again supports Multi-Session disks in Jaguar and above
- An updated Font menu prevents crashes with corrupt fonts, and also provides much faster launch times
- A new file handling engine allows the use of up to 255 characters as names of catalog files and catalog folders
- The Preferences file of CDFinder in Mac OS X is now also read from/Library/Preferences or even /Network/Library/Preferences
You can find more information about the latest CDFinder update at the CDFinder Web site. CDFinder 4.1.2 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.