The open source astronomical and space simulator, Celestia, was updated to version 1.4.1 on Monday. The updated version is a Universal Binary application, allowing it to run natively on PowerPC and Intel-based Macs. It also supports OpenGL 2.0 in Mac OS X 10.4.3 or higher, fixes several rendering issues, adds a lunar elevation map, textures for several celestial bodies, and more. Celestia 1.4.1 is available for download at the SourceForge Web site, and is free.
Recent News See All »
- Apple Releases Logic Pro X 10.3.1 with Security Fix, Improved Regions and iOS GarageBand Support
- Apple Takes Us on iPhone 7 'One Night' Tours of NYC, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Tokyo
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
- Apple Remote Desktop Updated with Touch Bar Support
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
Recent Tips See All »
- macOS Sierra: Delete And Reinstall 1Password To Refresh Certificate [Update]
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Getting Two-Factor Verification Codes for Your Apple ID
- iOS 10: How to Make Home Button Touch ID Work Like it Used to
- What's With the Status Icons At the Top of My Apple Watch?
Recent Editorials See All »
- Apple App Store Revenues Hit $40 Per User, While Average Downloads Decrease
- Here’s the TV Set-Top Box Apple Could Have Built: Caavo
- Apple Buys RealFace, but that Doesn't Mean We're Unlocking iPhones with Our Face Yet
- Apple, Let Us Tune into Those FM Radio Channels
- Amazon is Just Getting Started With Alexa/Echo
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.