Econ Technologies has released an update for Portraits & Prints, bringing it to version 1.0.1. Portraits & Prints is an app designed to fully utilize OS X and color printers for the production of digital photos. The new version has improved performance and bug fixes. According to Econ Technologies;
The first maintenance release for Portraits & Prints, the personal photo studio for Mac® OS X, is now available. This version addresses issues encountered after the program was initially released last week.
Portraits & Prints allows users to quickly import and arrange snapshots for output on high-quality color printers via its streamlined user interface. Special tools for modifying each photois brightness, sharpness and saturation as well as intelligent red eye reduction provide easy control over image quality.
The 1.0.1 update includes the following features and fixes:
- Improved loading and display of catalog thumbnail images
- Corrected a printing problem resulting in random blank pages
- Custom print ranges are now respected
- Manual adjustments to auto-cropped image placement are now correctly reflected in final printout
- Increased the maximum redeye zoom by a factor of two
- Eliminated a bug that would cause pixel artifacts when applying redeye reduction
- Cut the download size in half
You can find more information about Prints & Portraits at the Econ Technologies Web site. Prints & Portraits is available for US$19.95.