Koingo Software has released an update for Contact Keeper, bringing it to version 4.2.1. Contact Keeper is a utility designed as an electronic address book. The update ships with numerous enhancements including expanded vCard importing and interface mods. According to Koingo Software:
Over here at Koingo Software, weive been hard at work and just released Contact Keeper 4.2.1!
Contact Keeper is a versatile contact management solution/address book.
This latest release is the first MAJOR release in over half a year and features dozens and dozens of changes! Amongst these are several new features, like being able to export to vCard format and Sync. your databases.
CHANGES IN VERSION 4.2/4.2.1:
- Enhancement: Tabbing from one field to another in the main window is now a lot faster, as the contact information is only updated in memory when something has changed
- Enhancement: Performance of contact icons increased
- Enhancement: MUCH more robust vCard import process
- Enhancement: Find feature code optimized (now HALF in size)
- New Feature: When choosing to copy and entire contact, fields which have no data in them are no longer copied
- New Feature: Export as vCard option
- New Feature: Select All Contacts (menu item)
- New Feature: Recent Databases (menu item)
- New Feature: No longer prints empty fields
- Modification: Edit Field Names button moved into a menu item under the Contacts menu
- Modification: Home Database path is now shown in UNIX format in the Preferences window
- Modification: Software Update has been modified to match the standard set forth by Apple
- Modification: Main Contacts.con (default home database) is now stored in: ~/Documents/Contact Keeper/Main Contacts.con
- Modification: Export as CSV file now encloses data in quotes, as it should
- and more...
You can find more information about the Contact Keeper update at the Koingo Software Web site. The update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$15.95.