DEVONtechnologies has announced the beta development of and upcoming release of DEVONagent. DEVONagent is a utility designed to be an automatic user defined seacrch assistant. Using several search engines, the app harvests Web sites based on user behavior. According to DEVONtechnologies:
DEVONtechnologiesi new Internet search agent software DEVONagent is getting closer to the first public beta, and so the product page has been updated with new screenshots and a description of the forthcoming features.
Based on DEVONtechnologiesi revolutionary DEVONtechnology, DEVONagent is the information finding tool of the next generation. It simulates the behaviour of a human web surfer scanning the Internet for a specific piece of information.
- Automatic querying of search engines
- Collecting, analysing, weighting and summarising search result
- Crawler to auto-surf your favourite Web pages
- Dynamic digest based on intelligent topic list
- Automatic junk filter
- Integrated web browser based on the Safari engine
- Clean text-only preview
- Searchable web page archive
- Integrated with DEVONthink
- Highly multi-threaded, uses all core technologies of Mac OS X
- Flexible plug-in architecture
You can find more information about DEVONagent at the DEVONtechnologies Web site. DEVONagent is expected to be released this summer.