Daystar Technology has released an update for MAChSpeed Control. MAChSpeed Control is a utility designed for protection, testing and enabling of cache systems. The update adds Panther compatibility. According to Daystar Technology:
Daystar Technology, creators of the first Macintosh upgrades announced a new release of its MAChSpeed Control - OSX cache enabling, protection and testing software. This new version provides 100% compatibility in Mac OS X 10.3.
MAChSpeed CONTROL EXCLUSIVE FEATURES INCLUDE:
- NVRAM based Speculative Processing protection for PowerPC 750-7410 CPUs while running G3 and G4 CPUs in six-slot (604e) PCI systems
- Firmware patches for Beige G3 systems running G4 CPUs
- Automated cache profiling, verification and testing at boot-up
- Automatic cache reset in the event of a cache related system shut-down
- Verification of available cache speeds preventing excessive over-clocking
- RAM Memory check and review
- Interactive Cache, CPU, RAM test when utility is open
You can find more information about the MAChSpeed Control release at the Daystar Technology Web site. The MAChSpeed Control for Panther update is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$17.95.