Daystar Technology has announced that a 1.35GHz upgrade for 700MHz and 800MHz flat panel G4 iMacs will ship on July 28. Users will be required to send their computers to Daystar for installation by Apple-certified technicians. The company said that pricing and final specs wonit be available until the shipping date nears, but it did note that xBench scores for the upgraded machines will jump from the low 70s to over 130. The upgrade will be compatible with every Mac OS starting with 9.2, including 10.4.1, and will include XLR8 MAChSpeed Control software, which maximizes CPU performance. No product page was available on the Daystar Web site as The Mac Observer posted this article.
Recent News See All »
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder
- AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon Unlimited Data Plan Comparison
- iPhone Prototypes Must Be Carried In A Special Case
- iPhone 8: Goodbye Home Button, Hello Function Area
Recent Tips See All »
- macOS Sierra: Delete And Reinstall 1Password To Refresh Certificate [Update]
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Getting Two-Factor Verification Codes for Your Apple ID
- iOS 10: How to Make Home Button Touch ID Work Like it Used to
- What's With the Status Icons At the Top of My Apple Watch?
Recent Editorials See All »
© The Mac Observer, Inc. -- All rights reserved. All information presented on this site is copyrighted by The Mac Observer, Inc. except where otherwise noted. No portion of this site may be copied without express written consent. Other sites are invited to link to any aspect of this site provided that all content is presented in its original form and is not placed within another frame. The Mac Observer is an independent publication and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Apple, Inc.