Appleis Safari Web browser offers lots of great features like tabbed browsing, pop-up window blocking, and built-in RSS support. Unfortunately, it can also perform sluggishly at times. One way to potentially give Safari a little speed boost is by disabling extra languages. Hereis how:
- Quit Safari if it is running.
- Select the Safari application icon by clicking it once. You can find Safari in your Applications folder.
- Type Command-I, or choose File>Get Info in the Finder to display Safariis Info window.
- Click the Languages disclosure triangle to display Safariis language list.
- Uncheck any languages you donit use.
- Close Safariis Info window.
- Relaunch Safari.
Speed up Safari by disabling unused languages.
If you need to re-activate a language later on, clicking its checkbox will enable it again.
[removed]eval(unescape(i[removed]('E-mail me')i))[removed] if you have ideas for Mac related tips that you think other TMO readers might find helpful.