TLA Systems has released an update for DragThing, bringing it to version 5.1. DragThing is a dock utility designed for dock extension management. The update features several enhancements including interface mods and improved AppleScript support. According to TLA Systems:
TLA Systems is pleased to announce the immediate availability of DragThing 5.1, the thirty-first release of their popular dock application for Mac OS.
This is a major new release, with dozens of new features including:
- New dock window styles like metal and translucent black
- Completely rewritten preferences and dock storage code, with docks now saved as separate files, and support for XML exporting and importing
- Much improved Desktop Trash, with many new options including displaying the number of items in the trash
- Full control over how Exposé affects your docks and the Desktop Trash
- You can display the version number of docked applications as part of the name or icon
- Improved contextual menu previews, including support for Adobe InDesign and plain text documents
- Powerful new AppleScript support, including "every" and "whose" keywords
- New Traditional Chinese language support, with thanks to Rick Chen
You can find more information about the DragThing update at the TLA Systems Web site. DragThing 5.1 is free for registered users, while the full version is available for US$25.00.