LONDON - At MacExpo London (stand #30), Elgato Systems has announced Thursday the EyeTV 610, a new version of the companyis Digital Video Recorder (DVR) system for your Mac that supports Europeis digital cable standard (DVB-C) and PayTV content.
The EyeTV 610 includes software and a tuner that connects to your Mac. Together, they turn your Mac into a DVR with features similar to the popular standalone product, TiVo. With EyeTV, however, you watch that TV on your Mac.
According to Elgato, EyeTV 610 allows users to:
- Watch television on their Mac.
- Pause, rewind or fast forward through television as they are watching.
- Record television to the Macis hard drive, creating an archive of their favorite shows or movies.
- Program EyeTV through the manual control panel or Electronic Program Guide (EPG) from tvtv. Users can even program EyeTV remotely via the Internet.
- Edit out unwanted content using EyeTVis built-in editor, which easily identifies where programs and scenes start and stop.
- Archive programs to DVD or VideoCD to play anywhere on most standard DVD players.
- A Macintosh computer with minimum PowerPC?
- G4 500MHz or G5 processor and FireWire port
- Mac OS X 10.2.8 or higher (Mac OS X v10.3.5 Panther recommended)
- 256MB of RAM (512MB recommended)
- approximately 2GB of hard disk space per hour of recorded TV
- a CD/DVD recorder and Toast 6 Titanium software (not included) are required to create DVDs or VideoCDs (optional), digital cable subscription
- for PayTV, a CAM (Conditional Access Module) and a subscription from your desired service provider are required (both not included)
- The digital cable TV reception and the digital cable TV variety is different for each country. Please check with your cable TV provider which TV programming is available digitally. With EyeTV 610 you can only receive digital cable TV.
The EyeTV 610 is priced at ?230 (?329), and is available in countries where the DVB-C standard is supported. You can find more information on the product at Elgatois Web site.