Elgato Systems announced Wednesday EyeTV EZ, a new device for watching TV on your Mac. EyeTV EZ is a USB 2.0-powered TV receiver that is being offered as easy to use. It was codeveloped with TerraTec, and combines that companyis hardware with Elgatois software.
The device can accept antenna or cable connections, and has a built-in 125-channel analog TV tuner. It can also connect to external devices such as camcorders, VCRs, satellite and cable boxes, and gaming consoles.
It also features an on-screen TV guide that allows you to select the program you are watching by clicking on it in the guide.
- Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G4 or G5 processor. Recording features require G4 (Video CD settings), Dual G4 or G5 processors (standard quality setting) or Dual G5 (for high quality setting)
- 256 MB of physical RAM (512 MB recommended)
- Built-in USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 or Mac OS X v10.4 (or later)
- 589 MB of disk space required for one hour of recorded TV (video CD setting)
- Internet connection required for the optional online TV guide (EPG): tvtv (available in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and UK) and TitanTV in the USA.
EyeTV EZ is priced at US$149, and is available internationally and immediately.
Elgatois EyeTV EZ with an iBook