Bains Software has released an update for Mail Beacon, bringing it to version 1.5. Mail Beacon is an email client app designed for the sending/receiving and management of email. The update includes OS X support and other enhancements. According to Bains Software:
Bains Software has released a substantial update to itis unique and popular online email client & mail checker, Mail Beacon. Most importantly, this is the first release to run on OS X!
Mail Beacon alerts you when new messages arrive and/or when messages are deleted in an unlimited number of accounts. It can also filter email without downloading it, and acts as an online email client.
Both POP3 and IMAP are supported, and users can read, delete, and filter mail, all without downloading a single message to disk. Users can also reply/forward/redirect messages.
Basically, Mail Beacon notifies you of incoming mail, and allows you to eliminate spam and quickly reply to important messages, before downloading wanted messages to disk in your traditional email client.
Change the way you email! Download Mail Beacon today!
Changes in 1.5:
- Mail Beacon has been carbonized!
- Message counts in the main window are now bolded when new messages are available in the corresponding account
- Sent messages can now be saved to disk
- Browse & List windows now indicate a messageis reply/forward/redirect status
- The "Scan for URLs" feature now identifies email addresses as well. Clicking on an email address will open a "New Message" window
- Added SMTP Auth. support
- You can now mark messages, so you can remember to look at them later
You can find more information about the Mail Beacon update at the Bains Software Web site. Mail Beacon 1.5 is available for US$10.00.