Comm-Unity Networking Systems has released a full point release upgrade for POPit, bringing the FileMaker Pro plugin to version 3.0. POPit is designed to give FileMaker Pro e-mail capabilities, and the new version includes new features and other enhancements. From the company:
Comm-Unity Networking Systems announces the release of POP3it 3.0, for FileMaker Pro 4.x and 5.x for Macintosh OS 9, Macintosh OS X, and Windows Platforms. POP3it is a very flexible FileMaker plug-in that allows you to receive e-mail directly into FileMaker without the aid of any helper applications. To use it, all you will need is an e-mail account, a POP3 server, and FileMaker Pro 4.x or 5.x.
You can easily integrate POP3it into your existing solutions. A basic knowledge of FileMaker Scripting is needed, however, the documentation for POP3it covers how to use the POP3it plug-in.
Possible Uses of POP3it
Because POP3it allows you to specify in your scripts what e-mail host and e-mail account to check, you can easily check multiple accounts. Together with SMTPit, you can make an entire e-mail solution with only FileMaker and make use of FileMakeris database features like sorting and searching.
Features of POP3it
- Dynamically check multiple POP3 e-mail accounts, even on different servers.
- Automatically extract major e-mail fields such as To, From, Subject, etc.
- Receive Attachments, which are placed in a directory that you can specify dynamically.
- Download entire messages into one field or split up into their respective fields.
- Download specific body types like Text only or HTML only.
- Export HTML e-mails, complete with inline graphics, so that you can view them in a web browser.
- *New* - Support for Japanese and Central and Eastern European characters.
- *New* - New Status Window to show you what POP3it is doing at all times.
- *New* - Support for the OS X version of FileMaker Pro 5.5.
- *New* - AutoCheckEmail function for checking e-mail every so many minutes.
- *New* - Better multi-tasking support on Macintosh for running FMP and your mail server on the same machine.
- *New* - New PathToDB function for returning the path to the folder containing your database on the hard drive.
- *New* - APOP support added.
- *New* - CurrDate function returns dates that can easily be converted to FileMaker Pro Dates.
- *New* - New Developeris Versions.
POPit is priced at US$65, and users who purchased prior versions after May 1st, 2001 can upgrade for free. Other upgrades are priced at US$9. Bulk licenses are available as well, and the company offers a demo. You can find more information on POPitis Web site or at Comm-Unity Networking Systemsi Web site.