Rainer Brockerhoff has released an update for Zingg!, bringing it to version 1.4. Zingg! is a fast launch contextual menu designed to enhance the Mac finder. Zingg! allows users to select certain apps from a list for secure launching. The update features bug fixes and other enhancements including new icon settings. According to Rainer Brockerhoff:
Rainer Brockerhoff announces the release of version 1.4 of Zingg!, a Fast Launch contextual menu for Mac OS X.
Zingg! shows a list of all applications that claim to open the selected file. The user can select certain applications to be always included or always excluded from the list, and Classic applications may receive special handling.
Version 1.4 has the following bug fixes and new functionality:
- Thereis a new setting to show icons next to each application in the menu
- On Panther only, thereis a new setting to show "always" applications in italic and "default" applications in bold
- Command-S now saves changes
- The application list is again checked for eventual duplicates
- The application list can now have keyboard focus, as shown by a focus ring around it. At this point, you can scroll around the list by pressing the arrow keys, page up/down keys, or any alphanumeric key to jump to the first application whose name begins with that character
- There are several minor bug fixes and user interface enhancements
You can find more information about the Zingg! update at the Rainer Brockerhoff Web site. Zingg! 1.4 is available as freeware.