FirewireDirect.com is now shipping a new version of the Mach IV portable hard drive. Now with a 7,200 RPM mechanism, the 60 GB drive is packed into a 2.5" enclosure and features the Oxford 911 chipset. According to FirewireOutlet:
FirewireDirect is pleased to offer a special new 60GB version of our popular and powerful Mach IV 2.5" Hard drive, now in 7200 RPM, the first portable FireWire/USB 2.0 drive to feature the same high speed mechanism found in desktop drives.
- 7200 RPM, which means this is the fastest drive mechanism available in a 2.5" portable hard drive
- One FireWire/1394a port (Oxford 911 ATA-100 chip) and one USB port (USB v2.0/1.1)
- Bus powered when plugged into powered FireWire ports and includes AC adapter
- Compact chassis less than 5 inches long and 1/2" in height
- Simple & Easy: ON/OFF switch, so that your drive does not have to run full time when plugged into a powered port
You can find more information about the Mach IV latest release at the FirewireDirect.com Web site. The Mark IV drives are available starting at US$239.00 for an 40 GB config.