FireWire Depot is announcing some new products that will be available within the next 15-30 days.
These include the following:
- a new 2.5" enclosures using the Oxford 911 chip for the fastest transfer speeds and video capture capability
- a new 3.5" enclosures using the Oxford 911 chip for the fastest transfer speeds and video capture capability
- we have already begun shipping the new SK2.5" and SK3.5" FireWire/USB combo enclosures using the Oxford 911 chip and we continue to sell the 3.5" FireWire/USB combo enclosure at greatly reduced prices (while supplies last)
- the creation of a bridgeboard upgrade program for existing owners of the BT 3.5" enclosure which uses the LSI chip set. We will be offering these customers the opportunity to upgrade their enclosure by purchasing a new bridgeboard using the 911 chip for the BT 3.5" enclosure
- a new version of the BT 2.5" X enclosure using the Oxford 911 chip
- a new version of the BT 3.5" enclosure using the Oxford 911 chip
- Direct connect and enclosure mount IDE/FireWire bridgeboards using the Oxford 911 chip
- Dual channel FireWire PCI cards
- new, smaller 6 pin to 4 pin cable converter
- a FireWire bridgeboard designed to fit ANY SCSI enclosure box. These boards will allow you to use ANY SCSI enclosure as a FireWire enclosure. You simply remove the SCSI board from the enclosure, install the FireWire board which has a universal mounting plate, connect an IDE drive, and youire flying with FireWire. Look mom, no terminators!
We have also reduced the pricing on the CDCyclone 24x CDRW from $369.99 to $349.99.
You can find more information about their entire line of products at the FirewireDepot Web site.