Hi-Voltage is shipping a new plug-in for FileMaker users, LatitudeZERO. LatitudeZERO is a FM plug-in designed for calculating distances between latitude/longitude points. The app features support for distances between ZIP codes and other coordinates, and can calculate various distance measurements like nautical miles. According to Hi-Voltage:
Hi-Voltage, Melbourne Australia, has announced the release of LatitudeZERO, their latest FileMaker Pro plug-in.
The plug-in brings the geographical world to FileMakers fingertips by introducing new functions pertaining to latitude and longitude coordinates.
Use LatitudeZERO to:
- Calculate the distance between ZIP codes (requires ZIP code data with coordinates)
- Calculate the distance between coordinates (anywhere in the world)
- Return results in miles, kilometers or nautical miles
- Determine whether coordinates are within or outside a specified radius
- Convert distances from one unit of measure to another
- Allocate Sales Reps / Agents that live within a certain radius
- Sort records by distance
You can find more information about the LatitudeZERO release at the Hi-Voltage Web site. LatitudeZERO is available for US$98.00.