Norbert M. Doerner has released an update for CDFinder, bringing it to version 3.5. CDFinder is a cataloging app designed for the file management of hard disks, DVDis and MP3is. The update features improved OS X support and iPod compatibility. According to Norbert M. Doerner:
Norbert M. Doerner today announced the immediate availability of CDFinder 3.5.
CDFinder is a very fast and powerful tool to catalog your hard disks, CD-ROMs, DVDs, floppies, ZIPs and anything else that spins. It has a great user interface and very useful search functions. CDFinder supports drag&drop and requires a PowerPC CPU. While System 8.5 is required, CDFinder is also fully compatible to MacOS 9.2 and Mac OS X 10.1. A special feature is the multi-lingual user interface (German/French/English/Italian/Swedish/Chinese).
New in CDFinder 3.5 ("The Audio Edition"):
- Catalogs Audio-CDs using the Internet database freedb.org
- Reads MP3 file info (MP3-Tags, and compression info)
- Apples iPod is supported: CDFinder catalogs the hidden MP3 songs
located in the device
- Mac OS X 10.1 support has been improved: The interface blends much better into Aqua, the Help menu is back
- CDFinder now reads the long filenames of HFS+, not only running in Mac OS X, but also in Mac OS 9.0 or newer!
- New parameters improve the already extensive Find function
- The comment fields now hold up to 32,000 characters of text, previous versions could only use up to 255 chars
- And much more!
You can find more information about the CDFinder update at the CDFinder Web site. CDFinder 3.5 is availble for US$25.00.