MindVision Software has released an update for Installer VISE, bringing it to version 7.4. Installer VISE is a software development tool for creating installs on OS 10.1. The update includes many new features and has OS X support. According to MindVision Software:
In continuing support for development on Mac OS X, MindVision Software today ships Installer VISE(tm) 7.4. This version equips developers for installs on Mac OS X v10.1, the first major update to Appleis new operating system.
Features of the new Installer VISE include:
- Set permissions for install items
- Pass install path to UNIX shell scripts
- Install symbolic links
- Support for longer file names
- Edit text files
- Launch a web browser
- Comment support for installer archives
- Prevent installs to invisible folders
- Leave applications running during uninstalls
- Extended user authentication
- Greater control of installer logic
- More sample projects
You can find more information about the Installer VISE update at the MindVision Software web site. Installer VISE 7.4 is available for US$275.00 for a one year licence of 3,000 copies.