Intego, a leading provider of Macintosh Internet security utilities, today announced VirusBarrier 1.5, a new version of its acclaimed antivirus program for Macintosh. VirusBarrier provides protection against all known viruses on the Macintosh, and also protects against Word and Excel macro viruses. It offers thorough protection against viruses of all types, coming from infected files or applications, whether on floppy disks, CD-ROMs, removable media, or on files downloaded over the Internet or other types of networks.
VirusBarrier was designed so that, once it is installed and configured, the user does not have to do anything unless a virus is detected; no false positive alerts, and no need to disable VirusBarrier when installing other software. The VirusBarrier philosophy can be summed up in three words: simple, fast and non-intrusive. VirusBarrier works in the background and alerts the user if any viruses are detected.
VirusBarrier 1.5 also supports the new version of Intego?s NetUpdate, the automatic software update engine. Users can program updates for specific days and times, and NetUpdate will check the Intego server to find out if updates are available for all of Integois Barrier products installed on your computer.
New VirusBarrier Features include:
- Simple, fast and non-intrusive
- Scans compressed files?checks all types of archives recognized by Stuffit Expander (Zip, CompactPro, DiskDoubler, tar, BZip, arc, etc.)
- Turbo Mode makes scanning from 5 to 40 times faster
- Contextual Menu module for quick scanning
- Self-protection ensures that VirusBarrier doesn?t get infected
- Scans RAM after detection of system viruses
- Faster manual scans
- Compatible with Mac OS 9.1
VirusBarrier is available for US$49.95. You can find more information at the Intego web site.