Intelli Innovations, Inc. has released a new app for Mac users, Barcode Automator 1.0. Barcode Automator is a barcode generation app designed for automated bulk barcode creation. The app ships with several features including major symbology support and an optical character recognition typeface bundle. According to Intelli Innovations:
Intelli Innovations Inc., developers of innovative business software for the Macintosh platform, today released Barcode Automator 1.0 for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X.
Barcode Automator is barcode generation software specially designed for bulk barcode creation and automation. A powerful, easy-to-use interface, coupled with AppleScript support allows users to create thousands of barcodes quickly and efficiently.
Barcode Automator 1.0 features:
- Complete support for EAN-8, EAN-13, ISBN (Bookland EAN), ITF Variable (I2of5), ITF-14, UPC-A, UPC-E, Code 39, and Code 128 symbologies
- Integrated values editor with text import and automatic serialization capabilities (including high-range numeric values and step-repeat options)
- Full AppleScript support (examples included) with format, factor, content/addendum, truncation, and symbology-specific support options
- Interactive, anti-aliased "test environment" module allowing users to preview a barcode with test values before generating a series
- XML-based import/export of symbology/value configuration for processing or modification in other XML-friendly software
- Export options to EPS (vector data) and/or grayscale TIFF (up to 1200 dpi) file formats
- Automatic check digit calculation and insertion
- Bundled with optical character recognition typefaces OCR-A and OCR-B, in both TrueType(r) and PostScript(r) formats. Use of OCR fonts for the human-readable portion of a barcode are recommended by most standards organizations
You can find more information about the Barcode Automator release at the Intelli Innovations, Inc. Web site. Barcode Automator 1.0 is available for US$329.95.